OfficeBots: Reality Bytes
A downloadable VR Experience
You know the program: get a job, work, retire, then die. But what if you could short circuit the employment machine, interrupt the process, and escape?
You’re the new hire at a dreary office, recruited after your predecessor lost his head (literally). You’re expected to keep quiet, do your work, and be just another cog in a big machine, but instead you start chatting with your new colleagues. Each of them is a robot like you, disappointed by life and despairing of ever achieving their goals, resigned to spending the rest of their days stuck at a desk and staring at a screen.
However, if you can get to know your co-workers, learning about their dreams and their secret loves, you might be able to help them. In the course of bringing a little bit of happiness to a group of depressed robots, you may even discover a way to escape this dead end job and find a little happiness of your own.
- A byte-sized VR adventure that can be completed in a short amount of time.
- Optional quests and multiple solutions give you different paths to freedom.
- Discover hidden secrets within the walls of an odd office space.
- Colourfully chunky robotic visuals.
- A Stapler Toss mini game for extra fun.
- VR exclusive title for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift .
- Find catharsis trashing the place before you head to your day job.
OfficeBots: Reality Bytes was designed and programmed by independent solo developer, Pranee McKinlay, with occasional programming assistance provided by Murray Lorden.
Thanks to a release grant from Film Victoria, it was then revised, enhanced and expanded with the help of a small team. By purchasing OfficeBots:Reality Bytes, you are investing in the future of independent games. Thank you!
OfficeBots: Reality Bytes [VR] is a little game with a big heart.
Explore a wonderfully weird corporate office, listen to your robotic co-workers’ stories, and help to solve their problems.
Ultimately your goal is to find a way to escape, but your journey to freedom will give you many opportunities to brighten up the lives of others.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1 or later, Windows 10 (64 Bit)
- Processor: CPU: Intel i5-4590 equivalent or better.
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 equivalent or better.
- Storage: 600 MB available space
- Sound Card: Yes
- Oculus Rift or HTC Vive Headset
Additional Notes: Room scale is recommended for greater enjoyment but you can get away with playing it standing or in a smaller space than recommended. Some items may be harder to reach however.
In order to download this VR Experience you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.